Cheap Wedding Packages - Weddings Abroad on a Budget
You can still make your day beautiful without having to go to all the expense involved in a traditional wedding. Costs of a fairytale wedding average €22,000; an amount that is far out of reach for many couples. Those of us at Help Plan My Wedding have studied just about everything to do with weddings. We know where you can cut costs on dresses, cakes, flowers, venues and more to ensure you have a cheap wedding. See below for some ideas that can help you plan your budget wedding in Ireland or abroad.
- Firstly, plan your wedding for the off season. This is typically October to April (excluding Easter). For even more savings plan a midweek wedding during this time period.
- Think carefully about who you invite. The numbers quickly add up and so do the expenses. Stick to close friends and family. Remember that no matter who you invite or what you do, someone will be unhappy. The adage “you can’t make everyone happy” definitely relates to weddings.
- Use the unique talent of friends and family. Do you have someone who can make the cake, arrange flowers, is a budding photographer or could sing at your ceremony? If you ask, we believe you will find the perfect “free” match.
- Print your own invitations. There are many websites that give you the option to create your own invitations.
- Consider hiring a DJ only instead of a band & DJ. This could lead to a saving of over €1,600.
- Everybody knows someone who is good with hair and make-up. Ask them to do this on the morning of your wedding and save yourself the cost of having to pay to have your and your bridesmaids done by a professional.
- Make your own centerpieces and keep them simple. Maybe a pretty bowl with floating candles and water. Use your creative spirit.
- Don't spend money on favours. Nobody will miss them.
- If you want music for your drinks reception and dinner consider using an iPod with your chosen songs on it. Most venues will play these using their sound system.
- Keep the bridal party itself small. This will cut down on the cost of suit hire and dresses for the bridesmaids.
- Shop around for your own dress. Consider charity and high street shops.
- Haggle with your venue and suppliers. Contact us if you would like some assistance with that.
Reviews & Contact